Friday 12 September 2014

Polyvagal theory and Trauma formation. How unresolved emotion can cause the freeze response

Am currently finalising my presentation for the Chrysalis Effect Practitioner Forum on Monday evening; my presentation is on Trauma formation and the Freeze Response (based on the work of Peter Levine) which I see as key to why people get stuck with conditions such as chronic pain and fatigue, CFS, ME, etc. I will be outlining:

*Role of the subconscious (limbic system) in dictating behaviour. The evolutionary triune brain.

*Trauma and unresolved emotion as 'landscapers' of the brain via the limbic system

*Beyond fight and flight; Polyvagal theory and the freeze response*

*Solutions to unlocking the freeze response; the psychosensory therapies; EFT, EMDR and havening

*POTS – Postural Tachycardia Syndrome - a red herring?

The event will be recorded so will be available on my website www.alchemytherapies.co.uk as soon as I have it. I will be sending out a newsletter with the link to my mailing list - subscribe now for my free e-book while you wait!
And if you want to know what you can do about this then see my other blogs on EMDR http://patriciaworby.blogspot.com/2013/11/emdr.html
and EFT.

No comments:

Post a Comment